There’s no better way to celebrate Mom than a little mother-daughter bonding time. But if you want to make Mom feel extra special, taking her out to NYC is a guaranteed way to make sure she feels the love this Mother’s Day. Here are our top 5 things to do with Mom in NYC.
1. Visit MOMA. If you and your Mom are looking to spark your creativity and get inspired, head to MOMA. Check out Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” up close and be sure to stop in the Design Store for quirky, colourful gifts!
2. Enjoy high tea. For a classy, post-shopping affair on 5th Avenue, try the afternoon tea service at the Palm Court in the Plaza Hotel. Add a glass of bubbly if you and Mom are in the mood.
3. Stroll through Central Park. Walk off those bubbles with a stroll through Central Park. A leisurely stroll is the best way to catch up and Central Park provides the perfect scenic backdrop. Head to the Mid-Park area to see the Ladies Pavilion, the stunning Minton Tile ceiling at Bethesda Terrace and the miniature Belvedere Castle.
4. Broadway, baby! Take your mom out for a night on the town with a Broadway show. Favourites like Wicked, Book of Mormon and Phantom of the Opera have open runs. For something a little more avant-garde, check out what Off Broadway has to offer.
5. Indulge yourselves. Exercise one of the perks of adulthood and have dessert for dinner. You and mom can indulge in chocolate, wine and gorgeously plated dishes (if you so desire) at Ayza. Did someone say Twenty-Layer Crêpes Cake Brûlée?