See more: beach – couples – honeymoon – Kona – love – newlyweds – romantic getaways
Surf, sand, stars and sunsets…sounds like the perfect ingredients for a romantic honeymoon, right? Head to Kona for breathtaking views, which can be experienced from the air, beach or from atop a dormant volcano. You can be as active or as chill as you want during a trip to Kona. Read on for our top 5 reasons to visit.
1. Go star gazing. Bring a blanket to cozy up with your honey and head to the summit of Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano, for epic sunset views and free nightly stargazing. Hire a guide to take you to the summit, so you can focus on enjoying the romantic star-lit view.
2. Take a helicopter ride. For more incredible views, which Kona has no shortage of, take a helicopter tour where you’ll get a bird’s-eye view of the lush beauty of Hawai’i. Paradise Helicopters offers various tours highlighting sunsets, waterfalls and volcanoes. The Experience Hawai’i tour will take you to five volcanoes, beaches, waterfalls and beautiful coastlines. You’ll be able to ask your pilot any questions you may have or just cuddle up and take in the views together.
3. Learn to surf! The surf is up and learning a new skill is a great way to bond as newlyweds. Surf Big Hawai’i offers private lessons and sticks to a one instructor to two students ratio, so you’ll be hitting the waves in no time.
4. Enjoy a fancy dinner out at ‘Ulu Ocean Grill at the Four Seasons Hualalai. ‘Ulu’s Oceanfront Harvest Dinner features a sake and sushi reception during sunset, after which you will enjoy a five-course meal, accompanied by wine and cocktails – of course, highlighting the island’s cuisine.
5. Setting aside some beach relaxation time is a must. Magic Sands Beach is a boogie-boarder’s paradise. White sands, turtles and a coral reef perfect for snorkeling are highlights of the beach. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with plopping down in the sand with a cocktail for the duration of the day.