Planning to propose in Cape Town? The sheer natural beauty of this South African capital makes it the perfect destination for a truly stunning proposal. With iconic landmarks like Table Mountain, the famed harbour, and miles of pristine coastline, choosing the perfect spot is no small feat! With this week's post, Ronél shares her local insights to bring you this list of the best places to propose in Cape Town.
1) Table Mountain – Table Mountain is Cape Town’s most iconic natural landmark. At roughly one kilometre above sea level, it offers absolutely breathtaking views of the mother city. For a more relaxed and romantic proposal, take the cable car ride to the top at sunset and watch the city reveal itself as you climb higher and higher. If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, skip the cable car and hike to the summit!
2) Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – This one’s for the nature and art lovers. Kirstenbosch offers an explosion of natural surroundings, the perfect site for a picnic proposal. Scattered sculptures by local artists give it an artistic edge.
3) Boulders Beach – Perfect for an early morning romantic beach stroll, Bolders beach offers the most amazing sunrise, and if you are lucky, you might even spot some penguins! If you prefer a sunset proposal, I recommend the west coach beaches with Table Mountain in the background.
4) Solms-Delta – This wine estate offers a gorgeous forest area as well as stunning orchards that bloom in South Africa’s month of spring, September. Situated on a wine farm with some of the best local wine and a lovely restaurant, it makes for the perfect proposal, followed by a romantic dinner & wine tasting.
5) Waterfront – Why not take your future fiancé out for a day of sailing at our stunning waterfront? Surrounded by luxury hotels, the Aquarium, museums and local art, food and wine, it’s a hub of activity that makes for the perfect nautical proposal.
Ready to capture your love?