See more: Dublin – family – mother-daughter trip – Top 5
Ysanne celebrated her daughter Samantha’s high school graduation and last hurrah before university with a mother-daughter trip to Dublin. Here are our favourite activities for a fun trip to Dublin.
1. Enjoy a pint of Guinness. As long as your daughter is over 18, get the full Guinness experience at Guinness Storehouse, where you’ll experience a seven-floor tour of everything Guinness – ending with a pint, of course.
2. Explore a working distillery. Teeling Distillery, Dublin’s only operating distillery, offers tours so you can see Ireland’s long-standing relationship with whiskey first-hand. After your tour, be sure to enjoy a cocktail in the distillery’s bar.
3. Visit a historic pub. Temple Bar has been around since 1840. Stop here for a lively atmosphere and classic Irish pub fare.
4. Take a day trip to Cliffs of Moher. Though they require a day trip and a few hours to get there from Dublin, the Cliffs of Moher offer majestic views that really shouldn’t be missed. Go to the top of O’Brien’s Tower for another vantage point of the beautiful coastal landscape.
5. Immerse yourself in Dublin’s history. Visit The Little Museum of Dublin for a primer on Dublin’s past. Current exhibitions include a guided walking tour of St. Stephen’s Green, U2: Made in Dublin and A Little History of Dublin.