Fashionistas, take note! If you plan to immerse yourself in Paris’ iconic shopping scene, we’ve compiled a handy guide to the top shops in this very chic city.
1. Galeries Lafayette: This gorgeous shopping center boasts beautiful architecture and a variety of top labels. Men’s and women’s sections are separated into two different buildings, meaning you won’t have to sift through the ties to find that stunning little black dress you’re searching for. The best part? Head to the rooftop terrace for gorgeous views of Paris. Bonus: download the Galeries Lafayette app to plan your shopping itinerary ahead of time.
2. Champs-Élysées: This très famous Paris avenue is lined with high-end designer shops and cafés. Luxury boutiques include Louis Vuitton and Mont-Blanc. This is the perfect place to strut your fashionable stuff and stop at a sidewalk café for some post-shopping people watching.
3. Le Bon Marché Rive Gauche: Shopping aficionados must make a pilgrimage to Le Bon Marché, the world’s first modern department store. Check out the fashion department, on the first and second floors, for a showcase of sophisticated clothing collections.
4. Chic Shopping Paris Tours: Want to hit smaller boutiques, but not sure where to start? Sign up for the Unique Boutique Tour with Chic Shopping Paris for an intimate tour of Paris’ most charming shops and boutiques. If you’re a fan of vintage clothing, consider the Chic Consignment Tour and search for designer labels in Paris’ consignment shops.
5. Rue Cler: Dubbed the most famous market street in Paris, Rue Cler is the perfect place to shop alongside locals. Small cafés, beautiful food shops and market stands will give you a taste of Parisian market shopping. Flower stands and pâtisseries are ideal for treating yourself to some flowers or a sweet macaron.
Simply Sylvia followed her dream and moved to Paris to work in fashion. She now practices law in D.C. and shares the fashion, places, people and experiences that inspire her on her blog.