If you've got a trip to Cancún planned, some beach time is likely high on your to do list. Beach clubs offer a way to tailor your beach experience exactly to your needs. Some will offer live music or a DJ and dancing, while others focus more on quiet relaxation. With this week's Top 5, Flytographer Mónica offers the inside scoop on the best beach clubs in Cancún!
1) The Beach Club ME Cancún – When you’re talking about a beach club on a four diamonds resort, you can only imagine a great atmosphere, top service and incredible drinks. Two pools, a Cabana restaurant and Bali beds are waiting for you at ME Cancún, one of the trendiest resorts in Cancún.
2) Mandala Beach Club – This hot spot is The City’s beach club, one of the best night clubs in the Cancún Hotel Zone. This is without doubt the place to go with friends if you want to hang around at the beach, or walk into an infinity pool with a mojito on your hand. Just a heads-up: beware of craziness during Spring Break!
3) Mamita’s – The DJ Festival and the BPM festival were held here, at Playa del Carmen’s best beach club. Mamita’s always has amazing house music and activities all day AND night. If you’re in Playa del Carmen, don’t miss this club!
4) Zama Beach – If you want to slow down and relax, Zama offers a quieter alternative to some of the livelier options on this list. With a restaurant offering international cuisine, pools, sunchairs, and an incredible sunset view, Zama Beach Club in Isla Mujeres can’t be beat. Located beyond the downtown area, this piece of paradise is best accessed by golf cart.
5) Akiin Tulum – Tulum is known for its pristine waters and wide, sandy beaches. Akiin, one of the area’s top beach clubs, has all of the accommodations to make your day unforgettable. The restaurant specializes in seafood, and the ceviche is not to be missed! It does not have a pool like the others on the list, but who needs that when you have such a view?
Honourable mention: Grand Coral Beach Club – Located on the outskirts of Playa del Carmen, this small, stylish beach club offers its visitors a wide selection of dishes and drinks. Far away from the city’s busier beaches, Grand Coral was the perfect choice for Britt & Aaron’s honeymoon session (photo above).