What are the best Valentine’s Day activities in 2021?
Are you wondering what to get for your special travel-loving person this Valentine’s Day, especially when Covid has put vacations on pause? There are plenty of romantic, meaningful and practical Valentine’s Day gift ideas to choose from — all it takes is a little imagination and the help of a trusted source. You’ve come to the right place! Read on for our top gifts for her and for him — we’ve got you covered.
Meaningful Valentine’s Day Gifts
1. US National Parks Pass: Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for an adventure-seeker? Give the thrill of the outdoors with a yearly pass to the U.S. National Parks. It lasts a full calendar year and will inspire many opportunities for trips in your own beautiful backyard with no need to cross any borders. From the stunning Haleakalā National Park on Maui, to the natural vortex in Sedona Desert, to a breathtaking experience hiking into the Grand Canyon, there is an abundance of experiences in our national parks.
2. Hygge indoor card game: For a fun game that you can play with your partner AND your kids, try the Hygge Card Game to get you in the mood for cozy conversation. Hygge (pronounced “hoo-gah”) is a concept that originated in Denmark and is all about embracing the coziness of the winter months with warm, pleasant company and enjoying the simple things in life.
3. Capture memories together: Let’s be honest – the best gifts are experiences. Here are a few gift ideas that will show that you care about spending time together over material things. Book a romantic Flytographer shoot close to home together with Flytographer for Valentine’s Day or give a gift card for a future occasion! Giving the gift of memories is a wonderful way to elevate your experience and make sure you relive those special moments, every day.
Book your Valentine’s Day hometown photo shoot today
4. Printed photos: Already have a beautiful Flytographer gallery together? Print your photos effortlessly through your Flytographer dashboard by clicking on your gallery and ordering prints. A framed photo wall is another great way to surprise your loved ones. Explore photo keepsakes such as custom photo mugs and photo puzzles, or create your own photo book with all your beautiful images from past shoots and the many pics on your camera roll.
5. Custom painting: Want to really knock their socks off? Send a photo you love to Paintru and they will ship you back the image, beautifully hand-painted on canvas to order. Choose from oil or watercolour, framed or unframed … this custom gift is truly one-of-a-kind.
6. Travel art: Can’t make it to your favourite holiday resort? Mix up a mai tai in your kitchen, turn on your favourite tunes, and dream about future adventures while gazing at one of the many stunning city prints by our Flytographer family of professional photographers. The dream of simply travelling together again soon may be the best way to, ahem, get in the mood.
Romantic Gifts for Him and Her
7. Matching crewnecks: Dreaming of your next destination? Show off your travel style with our cozy Airport Code crewnecks. A fun idea might be to surprise your partner with matching crewnecks followed by plane tickets to that same airport when you’re ready to travel (or simply to send them a hint of what’s on your own bucket list!).
8. Custom fragrance: They’ll know you were paying attention when you present them with their very own custom scent. Get your game on with Waft Custom Fragrance by creating your personalized scent with your own label printed on the bottle or let them make the decisions and get a gift card. They’ll be thinking of you every time they wear it!
9. A wristwatch: The most timeless gift is a show-stopping classic: a wristwatch. The watch symbolizes the gift of time, commitment and a life together. Gifting one can be a big step in your relationship. Our favourites are simple yet classic styles from Shinola or the celebrated Daniel Wellington. Go one step further and make it personal with a meaningful engraving!
10. Jewelry: You simply cannot go wrong with something sparkly and unique. We are partial to Vancouver-based designer Melanie Auld and her beautiful charm necklaces with zodiac signs, birthstones, and initials … the perfect way to make it all about your partner.
Practical Valentine’s Day Gifts
11. New bedsheets: Get your partner into bed and keep them there with the coziest, comfiest sheets you can find. Brooklinen offers both high quality and low prices delivered to your door so you have time to get some extra brownie points by planning breakfast in bed.
12. Stay-at-home staples: Who said you can’t compromise style with comfort? For the ultimate Valentine’s Day comfort care package, give matching robes and slippers from Parachute. Add on a spa package from a hometown hotel to really get your sweetheart in the mood (for relaxation)!
13. New kicks: Whether you are staying around the house or going for a stroll in the park, Allbirds makes runners that are designed for life in the fast lane. Fun fact: Nicole, Founder of Flytographer, lives in her Allbirds! They are her shoe of choice for her busy life on the move.
14. Swimwear for every body: Nomads is changing the shape of swimwear and we are here for it! Find your sweetie something gorgeous with the promise of a future tropical vacation … a gift that keeps on giving!
15. Skincare to love: We know your partner is a total knockout just as they are … but no one would ever say no to skin-loving creams and serums, especially when they are cruelty-free and made from 100% natural ingredients, like the line-up at Three Ships. Then bring a smile to their newly-cleansed face with luscious colours from female-owned Indigenous brand Cheekbone Beauty … we adore their sustainable lipsticks!
No matter what you give this Valentine’s Day, make it from the heart
Romantic, meaningful, practical … finding just the right gift idea that speaks to your relationship is everything. Share your passion for travel for Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day … any of these ideas apply!) and do it 2021 pandemic-style with a hefty amount of dreaming, planning, fun, thoughtfulness and — most importantly — love!