Good news! By the end of this year, we will have the tech in place so you will be able to manage and update your own Flytographer portfolio from your shareable shoots. (Cue trumpets and confetti!)
In the meantime, it is still a manual process for us and we appreciate your patience while we update your work. Here is a review of our portfolio policies:
Portfolios will contain approximately 12 highly-curated, shareable images per portfolio.
Testimonials are unlimited.
- New photographers will submit a portfolio of diverse vacation-style photos, of which Flytographer chooses the top images to display based on our criteria (see below).
- Portfolios will be updated as new shareable content comes in. Original portfolio photos will be replaced with Flytographer photos until we've reached a desirable diversity.
- Testimonials will continue to be added as they come in.
Flytographer is the world’s first global vacation photography service and we have always been #1 in terms of bookings, sales, marketing, exposure and quality. We have spent the last 4 years carefully researching and understanding our market; to that end, as experts in marketing and selling vacation photography, our team chooses all images on a photographer’s portfolio based on a set of criteria, with the most important being:
- Customer has agreed to share
- Flytographer brand style with a strong sense of place (city landmarks and landscape are visible)
- Diversity of customer (couples; family; solo; etc) and locations
Other important criteria include:
- Minimizing close-ups (see difference between vacation and portrait style here)
- Minimizing b&w (colour is preferable)
- Horizontal (landscape) aspect
See our Photo Style Guide for examples of Flytographer brand style.
For feedback questions, contact:
- Taryn, Content Manager at email@example.com
For new headshots, written profile changes, or general portfolio questions, contact:
- Michelle, Global Recruiter & Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Header photo by Bayu & Ivony in Bali