Join Our Team
Love travel, photography, and startup culture?
Join a startup that has literally created an entirely new market, connecting people from different cultures all over the world through photography. Flytographer is an online marketplace that connects travellers with local photographers in 200 cities worldwide for fun, candid vacation photoshoots (about an hour). Often people return home from a special trip with no decent photos together; with Flytographer, travellers not only return with a beautiful souvenir, but they learn cool insider tips on what to eat, see, and do as they stroll the streets chatting with their local photographer. Flytographer has been featured across A-list media such as: Oprah; Buzzfeed, The New York Times; InStyle; and many more. Flytographer has also partnered with top global brands like Fairmont, Four Seasons Hotels, Hyatt, Luxury Retreats, Expedia, Zola, Context Travel and Virtuoso.
Flytographer is changing the way travellers remember their vacations. We are a fun, passionate, award-winning, Victoria-based startup located in historic Market Square. Flytographer won Viatec's "2016 Technology Company of the Year" (1-10), The Victoria Chamber of Commerce "Innovation Award 2017" and was a past Douglas Magazine "Ten to Watch" winner. We've been called "The Future of Travel Photography" by Conde Nast Traveler and "The #1 Gift for Travelers" by Forbes. We are growing rapidly, and looking to expand our team in Victoria, BC. If you are a smart, driven, passionate and kind... let's chat.
Benefits include: $1000 annual fitness credit (spinco membership? rock climbing gym?), medical/dental, stock options, 3 weeks vacation to start, competitive salary, and of course, free Flytographer shoots!
Check out the current job openings below. See our company values here.
Director of Marketing
Location: Victoria, BC
- You will own marketing for Flytographer; everything from strategy, and data analysis to brand building.
- Drive growth across all stages of the funnel: awareness, conversion, retention and referrals.
- You are well-versed in modern marketing tools, channels and tactics: SEO, SEM, CRO, social media, email marketing, video marketing, content marketing, remarketing, etc.
- You have had success launching end-to-end campaigns, from strategy to execution to measurement. You have experience developing hypotheses, running campaigns to test them, measuring the results, and reporting insights/recommended actions to the team.
- You understand the power of engagement marketing and brand building and understand that creating an awesome customer experience is critical to success.
- You are a team player who can communicate proficiently in email and clearly articulate your ideas, arguments and questions.
- You have a creative soul and an analytical mind.
- Manage a small team of marketers, designers and content managers.
- Success in a similar role in an online, consumer-focused business.
- Passion about how marketing is evolving and are on top of the latest marketing tech innovations, tools, and trends.
- Experience working with tools like Google Analytics, Excel, Optimizely, Hotjar, and cloud CMS and/or CRM.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills, and the ability to think big, but also track the details.
- Experience leading a team.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
Nice to have:
- Well-travelled/global mindset.
Full Stack Web Developer
Location: Victoria, BC
- You're smart, creative, results-oriented, have an entrepreneurial mindset and are ready to hustle. You figure things out rather than wait to be told what to do.
- You truly believe the glass is half-full, that most people have good intentions, and always bring a fun, positive energy to those around you.
- You have a few years of development experience and you are ready to hit the ground running.
- Work closely with our lead dev to solve big problems.
- Delight customers with reactive and dynamic UI.
- Build out API's to connect with partners across the world.
- Maintain and streamline existing systems.
- An engineering or computer science grad.
- An active member of the tech community.
- A problem-solver at heart and have spent time building web-based solutions.
- Proficient with Python 3 on the web (Flask).
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Postgres) and optimizing for efficiency.
- Familiar with React and Redux.
"Since starting at Flytographer, I feel like I have a second family that stretches around the globe. It's so special to help our clients capture their important memories, but it's even more rewarding to introduce them to our amazing photographer friends all over the world!" - Caitlin, Shoot Concierge