Flytographer Shoot Resources
Three Best Practices
1. Tell the vacation story. The majority of the shots should showcase the iconic elements of the location in the backdrop. Big things like the Eiffel Tower to small details like cobblestones, unique cafés, or street signs.
2. Include everyone. Try to capture the whole group all together in at least 50% of the shots. This is our key value proposition: finally everyone can be in the photo together.
3. Posing is minimized. At the start of the shoot, ask if there are any specifically posed shots they 'must have' so you make sure to get them ticked off their list. (eg. profile photo for Facebook or LinkedIn). For the remainder of the shoot, encourage them not to stare at the camera and pose. Capture the connections: their unique relationship, authentic interactions with each other and the environment around them.
**Just a reminder: if your customers are visitors from another country, please be conscious that their cultural norms and taboos may be different from yours. If a customer seems uncomfortable about a certain pose or a certain shot (e.g. kissing, which is taboo in photographs in some cultures), this may be the reason why; be sensitive to this and don't 'force' shots if they seem uncomfortable.
Photo Style Guide
In addition to the amazing customer service and local experience you provide, Flytographer is proud to offer high-quality images from experienced professionals. While honouring and respecting your style as a photographer, it is important to establish a “brand style” so that customers can expect a certain outcome when booking a shoot with Flytographer. For this reason, we have created a Flytographer Photo Style Guide.
Please click through to enjoy some beautiful work from your colleagues while getting a refresher on Flytographer brand style!
On desktop: To open, click on "play" arrow, then "Click to Read" to open in full screen. To exit, press "Esc" on your keyboard.
On mobile: Click on centre icon and publication will open in new window. You may have to turn your phone to landscape and scale down to see double-page spread.
LIGHTROOM EDITING PRESETS
Ideal Customer Gallery Examples
Prewedding in London (90 minute shoot)
Created for and during our Paris Meetup 2015, here is a set of Flytographer Photo Shoot Guidelines.
Download and keep handy when you need a refresher!
FLYTOGRAPHER WEBSITE BADGE
Ready for your own Flytographer shoot?
Please go to the destinations page, choose your photographer in the city in which you are visiting, and fill out the availability form. Once it is time to pay, you can use one of our team discount codes:
- If this is your first shoot, use code teamfly-firstdate to receive $100 off.
- If this is a subsequent shoot OR if your friends/family are booking a shoot, use code teamfly50 to receive $50 off.
(**Please note that codes are case-sensitive!)