Join Our Team
Do you have a passion for travel, photography, and startup culture?
Join a startup that has created an entirely new market, one that brings together people from different cultures all over the world through photography.
Flytographer is the first online marketplace that connects travellers with local photographers in over 200 cities worldwide for fun, candid vacation photoshoots (that last about an hour). Too often people come home from a special trip with no decent photos together; with Flytographer, travellers not only return with a beautiful souvenir, but they learn cool insider tips on what to eat, see, and do as they stroll the streets chatting with their local photographer.
Top 5 Reasons to Join Flytographer
We are the fastest growing consumer-services startup in Canada.
Canadian Business Magazine also ranked us as the 16th fastest-growing startup in the country in 2017
(we’ve had 776% growth over the last two years!).
Work in a beautiful office space in a heritage building in downtown Victoria, BC.
No florescent lights, low ceilings and dodgy carpets here! Just giant windows everywhere with heaps of natural light, exposed brick walls, modern design and really comfortable chairs (oh, and the city’s best coffee shops and restaurants directly below).
Join an award-winning, passionate team.
We not only win awards and work really hard tackling ambitious global projects, but we celebrate the little things each week and foster a fun culture that prioritizes gratitude and kindness. Recent awards include: Viatec's "2016 Technology Company of the Year (1-10)”; The Victoria Chamber of Commerce’s "Innovation Award 2017”; and winner of Douglas Magazine’s "Ten to Watch.”
Do interesting work that has global impact.
Flytographer is changing the way travellers remember their vacations and creating new jobs for hundreds of creatives around the world. Our tech has a lot of room to scale; it’s an exciting time to jump in and see your impact come to life.
The word is spreading.
Flytographer has been featured across A-list media such as: Oprah; Buzzfeed; The New York Times; BRIDES; InStyle; and many more. Conde Nast Traveler called us “The Future of Travel Photography.” Flytographer has also partnered with top global brands, including Fairmont, Four Seasons Hotels, Hawaiian Airlines, Hyatt, Luxury Retreats, Expedia, Zola, Context Travel and Virtuoso.
We are on an incredible adventure as we rapidly scale our business globally ... do you want to join us on this exciting journey?
Benefits include: An annual fitness credit (Spinco membership? rock climbing gym?); extended medical/dental; stock options; 3 weeks vacation to start; competitive salary; and of course, free Flytographer shoots! See our company values here and then check out current job openings below.
Full Stack Web Developer
Location: Victoria, BC
- You're smart, creative, results-oriented, have an entrepreneurial mindset and are ready to hustle. You figure things out rather than wait to be told what to do.
- You truly believe the glass is half-full, that most people have good intentions, and always bring a fun, positive energy to those around you.
- You have a few years of development experience and you are ready to hit the ground running.
- Work closely with our lead dev to solve big problems.
- Delight customers with reactive and dynamic UI.
- Build out API's to connect with partners across the world.
- Maintain and streamline existing systems.
- An engineering or computer science grad.
- An active member of the tech community.
- A problem-solver at heart and have spent time building web-based solutions.
- Proficient with Python 3 on the web (Flask).
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Postgres) and optimizing for efficiency.
- Familiar with React and Redux.
"Since starting at Flytographer, I feel like I have a second family that stretches around the globe. It's so special to help our clients capture their important memories, but it's even more rewarding to introduce them to our amazing photographer friends all over the world!" - Caitlin, Shoot Concierge