Guest blog post by our super fab NYC Flytographer Lauren Colchamiro:
The Virgin Islands? Yes please!
Of Flytographer's 70+ cities across the globe, these would be some of my first thoughts if asked which cities are most romantic for photos. I'm here to tell you that NYC deserves a place on that list! Sure, it's crowded, and some of it is kinda dirty...but when you're with a photographer who knows her way around the city and can pinpoint the best locations for romantic portraits, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at what we can come up with!
So, here are my top 5 locations for romantic portraits around NYC:
1. Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City, Queens. This spot offers one of the very best views of the epic Manhattan skyline that I've ever seen! It's also just a beautifully designed park, and I have had some really fun 1-2 hour sessions where we stayed there the entire time!
2. Lexington Candy Shop in Manhattan. This place has been open since 1925, and the decor looks to be mostly intact from when they first opened! It's a tiny shop, and there's a wonderful little counter where you and your sweetie can share an ice cream float, a milkshake, or the NYC classic: an egg cream! Seriously, what makes for a more romantic photo than that?! Here's an example from one of my Flytographer sessions.
3. Grand Central Station in Manhattan. Quintessential NYC, this transportation hub is nearly always bustling with travellers. It is a location where you and your photographer should take advantage of the crowds! If you stand very still and let all the people walk around you, you can get a series of photos like this - I turned them into an animated GIF for this one! http://i.minus.com/ibz4TEVjOSFnVy.gif
4. DUMBO / Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn. One of my all-time favorite portrait locations! You can't beat the view of the bridges or the recently-renovated boardwalk. There's also a carousel, a super cute ice cream shop nearby, and the legendary Grimaldi's Pizza!
5. Bethesda Terrace Lower Passage at Central Park, in Manhattan. This one is not *really* off the beaten path, as the nearby Bethesda Fountain is a tourist attraction. However, I still believe it is still one of the most romantic locations in all of NYC, especially if you can get there at an off-peak time (early morning, early evening, or in the winter)! This photo is from my most recent Flytographer shoot with honeymooners, David and Rosalyn.
*BONUS* The Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. There is a $25 "recommended" entry fee, but if we're just going to snap a few photos in their gorgeous lobby and atrium, I believe the donation amount is up to you. That said, by all means: SUPPORT THE ARTS! :)
View more Flytographer customer photos from NYC here.
Book a shoot with a NYC vacation photographer shoot here.
Know friends or family who are NYC-bound? SHARE this post with the sharing buttons below!